Maintenance is still scheduled. A rough timeline of steps and what to expect starting at 17:00 UTC. The maintenance will be updated as we move through these steps.
5-15 minutes: Upgrade
- A new, upgraded database instance will be provisioned in the background
- No service interruption or degradation at this time
1-2 minutes: Failover and Service Restarts
- The start time of this step is unknown and is triggered by the end of the database provisioning and upgrade mentioned above
- The old instance will be taken down and new services will be changed to point to the new database instance.
- Placing or canceling of orders will fail during this time
- Triggerable (i.e. Stop-Limit or Take-Profit) orders will not trigger
- Most other API requests will return 500 errors at this time
10-15 Minutes: Cleanup
- Orders and cancelations should start to proceed as normal again
- We expect a small amount of slowness as the new database instance pages-in entries to its cache and background jobs tune the database tables
- Faster response times across the board when placing/canceling orders, especially during peak activity
Oct 25, 20:55 UTC
We have moved the planned-maintenance day
From: Thursday, October 21
To: Tuesday, October 26
Oct 20, 19:02 UTC
We will be updating our database during this time. We expect about 2 minutes of downtime and possibly some general slowness.
Oct 18, 02:35 UTC